Agility (Level 3)
Class Begins on
--Monday, February 13, 2017 at 7:30 p.m.
(Ends on 4/3/17. No class on 3/20 and 3/27)
Current class with Cynthia began on Thursday,
Dec. 15, 2016 at 6 p.m.
6-session class ends 1/26. No class on 12/29.
Rain date 12/1.)
(Class dates may change due
to rain or competitions).
Instructor: Anna Strait
Course Fee: $140
Needed to join this class:
• Successful completion of Beginning Agility
(Level 2) or similar class, or at instructor's
• Can run a short sequence of at least 6 obstacles;
• Able to perform most equipment at full, or near full height;
• Can reasonably perform 6 weaves;
• Handler understands side
switches (front cross, rear cross, blind
• Your dog is jumping at his or her required
• Your dog can stay focused without running
off and can come immediately when called;
• Your dog must be non-reactive towards
other dogs or people (friendly or indifferent);
• Highly Recommended: your dog is comfortable in a crate (please bring one);
Agility continues where Beginning Agility left off. We will
continue to develop teamwork and increase handling skills. Sequencing
is performed off lead, therefore, your dog also must be able
to sit, stay, down, and come on command, off lead.
also further develop the ability to switch
smoothly from handling their dogs off one side
to handling off the other in the middle of
a sequence using front, rear and blind crosses.
The different come to side maneuvers will be
practiced using obstacles.
be taught to move ahead and switch as needed from handler to
obstacle focus. We will work more off leash doing short sequences
of obstacles. Handling and agility skills such as front and rear crosses, reverse front
cross, serpentines, 270s, get outs and threadles will be worked
on to gain comfort and confidence.
Course analysis to understand
the best way to handle a combination of obstacles will be utilized.